Please feel free to contact Ljubljana.tech’s GDPR representative through firstname.lastname@example.org or formally through mail should you have any concerns regarding your privacy and our services.
Trg mladih 9
1. Collection Of Information
We collect information about you when you:
- Create an account;
- Use the Platform;
- Attend an event;
- Visit our website; and
- Communicate with us.
We also collect information, such as usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and similar technologies. If you elect to use certain features, we also collect information through other sources, such as social media services, invitations, and imported contacts.
1.1 Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information that you provide when you create an account, choose interests or groups, fill out a form, or communicate with us. The types of information that we may collect include identifiers, such as your name, username, password, email address, postal address, and phone number; payment and commercial information, such as payment method data and purchases, if any; demographic information and any other personal information that you choose to provide, such as photos, choices of interests, groups, and professional or employment-related information, including your role, company, and years of experience. Certain information about yourself is optional to provide. Your choice of groups is also optional, but we are required to process this information in order to administer your account, and to indicate that you are a member of the groups that you join.
On occasion, the information that you give us when you join a group may imply information about your beliefs, political views, health conditions, or your sexual identity. This, and other kinds of sensitive information, is given special protection in accordance with applicable law. Posting personal or sensitive information about others without their permission is against our code of conduct.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Platform
When you use our Platform, we automatically collect internet and other electronic network activity information about you and other information, including:
1. Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Platform, including the type of browser that you use; the time, duration, and frequency of your access; Platform pages viewed; your IP address; and the page you visited before visiting our Platform.
2. Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device that you use to access our Platform, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
3. Geolocation Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you use our Platform based on your consent to the collection of this information, such as when you enable location services. We may also collect information, such as your IP address, that can sometimes be used to approximate your location based on your device settings.
5. Other Information: Based on your consent, we may collect other information from your device, such as photos from your camera roll or calendar information you want to manage via the Platform.
1.3 Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, such as through certain features on the Platform you elect to use. We rely on these third parties to either have your consent or ensure that they are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your information to us. Examples include:
1. Social Media Services. If you register or log into your account through a third-party social media service, we will have access to some of your third-party account information from that service, including identifiers, such as your name and other information in that account, and used for purposes such as improving your Ljubljana.tech recommendations.
2. Member Content. We may receive information about you when you or another member uploads photos or posts other content to the Platform.
3. Current or Future Corporate Affiliates. We may receive information about you from our current or future corporate parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates.
4. Information From Other Third-Party Sources. In order to provide you with more tailored recommendations, we may obtain information about you from publicly and commercially available sources, such as third-party publishers, advertising networks, and service providers that we use to manage ads on our and other sites, and other third parties as permitted by law. For more information about the data that we obtain from these providers, please contact us at privacy@Ljubljana.tech.com.
We may analyze and make inferences from the information we collect.
2. Use Of Information
We use information about you to:
1. Operate, improve, promote, and protect Ljubljana.tech and our Platform;
2. Communicate with you; and
3. Personalize content.
2.1 Operating Our Platform
We may use information about you described above for various business purposes related to operating our Platform, including to:
1. Provide, maintain, and improve our Platform, including to process transactions, develop new products and services (for example, including you in tests or pilots of new or revised Platform functions, such as messaging or search functionality or using information about your usage of the Platform to develop new or revised messaging or search functionality), and manage the performance of our Platform;
2. Display information about you, for instance, your list of interests, which will be visible on your profile;
3. Personalize the Platform, for example, to suggest content in which we think you may be interested;
4. Allow you to share information about your use of the Platform through a third-party social media service, if you connect your account through that service (which you can turn off at any time) and to provide you with better recommendations;
5. Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Platform;
6. Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions, abuse, and other illegal activities; to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ljubljana.tech and others; to enforce compliance with our policies; and to comply with applicable law and government requests; and
7. Perform accounting and administrative tasks, and enforce or manage legal claims.
2.2 Communicating With You
We may use information about you for various business purposes related to communicating with you, including to:
1. Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
2. Communicate with you, in accordance with your account settings, about products, services, and events offered by us and others, to provide news and information that we think will be of interest to you, to conduct online surveys, to contact you about events on our Platform that are being held near your location, and to otherwise communicate with you in accordance with Section 2.3;
3. Notify you about communications of other members, in accordance with the communication preferences that you indicate in your account; and
4. Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages.
2.3 Advertising And Other Uses
We may use information about you for various other business purposes, including to:
1. Provide content, features, or sponsorships that match member profiles or interests
2. Deliver more relevant advertising to you on and off the Platform;
3. Facilitate contests and other promotions;
4. Send you marketing communications, subject to applicable law;
6. Carry out any other purposes described to you at the time that we collected the information.
2.4 Legal Basis for Processing
If you are in a jurisdiction that requires a specific legal basis for processing personal data, our legal basis for collecting and using the information described above will depend on the type of information and the specific context in which we collect it.
1. We process information about you in order to provide our services in accordance with our services, for example, to allow you to join groups or to display your profile to other members; to allow us to send you important service updates; and to perform a contract.
2. We also process information about you where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and not overridden by your rights (for example, in some cases for direct marketing, fraud prevention, network and information systems security, responding to your communications, the operation of networks of groups by the network administrators, and improving our Platform).
3. Sometimes you provide us with sensitive information about you; for instance, the mere fact of joining a certain group may indicate information about your health, religion, political views, or sexual identity. Joining such groups or posting information on the Platform about these topics is entirely voluntary and, depending on the settings of the group and your profile (e.g., public or private), our legal basis for processing any sensitive information is either that you manifestly make it public or your explicit consent.
4. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to process information about you, or may otherwise need the information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. For example, we may process information, if we believe doing so is required by, or in accordance with, applicable law, regulation, legal process, or audits.
3. Sharing Of Information
1. to members or social media services, depending on how you engage with the Platform. Information that is public on our platform is accessible to others both on and off the Platform;
2. to our third-party service providers who help us to operate or improve our Platform;
3. when we work with third parties for analytics and to deliver targeted advertising to you on and off the Platform;
4. to authorities to comply with legal obligations or requests and to protect and defend our rights and property;
5. to an affiliate or successor entity or otherwise as part of a corporate transaction;
6. among our businesses and affiliated companies; and
7. when you direct us to share your information.
3.1 Through Our Platform
We share some of the information that we collect by displaying it on our Platform according to your member profile and account settings. Some information, such as username, is always public. Some information, such as interests, is public by default, but can be hidden on our Platform. Some information, such as group memberships, will always be visible to other members of that Ljubljana.tech group, and may be public, depending on the settings of that group. We recommend that you check the group settings and what information will be available before joining the group to ensure that you are happy with the information that is visible to others.
Information that is public on our Platform is visible to others on and off the Platform.
3.2 With Our Service Providers
We may use service providers in connection with operating and improving the Platform to assist with certain business purposes, such as payment processing, email transmission, conducting surveys or contests, data hosting, managing our ads, and some aspects of our technical and customer support. These service providers, which include data analytics providers (as discussed further in Section 3.5 below), may access, process, and store information about you on our behalf for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
3.3 With Our Analytics Partners
We may share information we have collected about you with others or allow others to use technologies (like cookies, web beacons, and device identifiers) that collect information about your use of the Platform and other websites and online services, to provide analytic services.
3.4 Following The Law and Protecting Ljubljana.tech
We may access, preserve, and disclose information about you to government entities and other third parties, including the content of messages, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, applicable law, regulation, legal process, or audits. We may also disclose information about you if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our code of conduct, related guidelines and policies, or if necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of, or prevent fraud or abuse of, Ljubljana.tech or others.
3.5 Social Sharing and Other Tools
The Platform may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools which let you share actions that you take on our Platform with third-party services, and vice versa. Such features let you share information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you have chosen with the service. The third-party services’ use of the information will be governed by the third parties’ privacy policies, and we do not control the third parties’ use of the shared data. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please review the privacy policies of the services that provide these features.
3.6 Affiliate Sharing And Merger, Sale, Or Other Asset Transfers
If Ljubljana.tech is involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale of our assets, information about you may be shared, sold, or transferred as part of that transaction. We may also share information about you with current or future corporate parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates.
3.7 Other Situations
We may also share information about you with your consent or at your direction or where we are legally entitled to do so. For example, your information may be shared with event sponsors and others as described to you when you RSVP to an event. Your information also is made available to other group members and event organizers when you RSVP for and participate in an event.
4. Additional Details
1. Ljubljana.tech is based in and governed by the laws of Republic of Slovenia and we will be processing, transferring, and storing information within the European Union.
2. We have implemented technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information. We cannot guarantee these controls will provide absolute security.
4.1 Transfer Of Information
We employ technical and organizational measures designed to protect your information that is under our control and that we process on your behalf from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, or disposal, both during transmission and once we receive it. For example, we store all information that you provide to us on servers on which security controls are used. We train employees regarding our data privacy policies and procedures, and authorize employees to access personal information as required for their role. We use firewalls designed to protect against intruders and test for network vulnerabilities. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure.
Where you have a password, which enables you to use our services, you are responsible for keeping this password complex, secure, and confidential. If you would like to update or change your password, you may select the “Forgot your password?” link on the login page. You will be sent an email that allows you to reset your password.
4.3 Data Retention
We may temporarily de-activate your account if you have not logged in for six months or more. You may contact us if you wish to reactivate your account.
We retain certain information that we collect from you while you visit or are a member of the Platform, and in certain cases where you have deleted your account, for the following business purposes:
1. So you can use our Platform;
2. To ensure that we do not communicate with you if you have asked us not to;
3. To provide you with a refund, if entitled;
4. To provide accurate accounting information to other members about the groups that they organize or administer, and associated memberships;
5. To better understand the traffic to our Platform so that we can provide all members with the best possible experience;
6. To detect and prevent abuse of our Platform, illegal activities and breaches of our Terms of Service; and
7. To comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete it or take steps to de-identify or anonymize it in accordance with applicable law.
4.4 Policy Scope
Members, including group organizers and network administrators, are directly responsible for complying with all requirements of applicable privacy laws in connection with the information that they obtain and process for the purposes of managing their contacts, organizing and communicating with groups, or administering networks.
4.5 Revisions To This Policy
5. Your Choices
1. You can review and change information about you or deactivate your account in your account settings, but we may retain certain information.
2. You can remove photo tags if you wish.
3. Consult your device settings for information about how to deactivate location-based features at any time.
4. You have the right to opt out of receiving Ljubljana.tech’s promotional messages, but you may still receive other non-promotional communications.
5.1 Your Choices: Account Information
You may update or correct your account information by editing your account settings or by sending a request to email@example.com. You may deactivate your account by editing your account settings. You may also request deletion of your information.
5.2 Your Choices: Cookies
5.3 Your Choices: Promotional Communications
You can control some of the messages that you receive from Ljubljana.tech and other members by selecting the unsubscribe link in the message that you receive, or by adjusting the communication preferences in your account settings. We will also send you a link to these settings when you first sign up and in subsequent messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations. In addition, please consult the privacy policies of other members for information about how to control or opt out of promotional messages from them off the Platform.
6. Data Rights
1. You may have the right to exercise data protection rights, including to request that Ljubljana.tech deletes, amends, or provides you access to your information.
2. You may have the right to opt out of the sharing or processing of your personal information for the purposes of targeted advertising.
3. You have the right to opt out of receiving Ljubljana.tech’s promotional messages, but you may still receive other communications.
4. You can complain to your local data protection authority about the use of your information.
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us with your request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also request deletion of your account and personal.
Rights that you may have, depending on the jurisdiction in which you live, may include:
- Accessing, correcting, or requesting deletion of your information.
- Appealing a decision Ljubljana.tech has made about an access, correction, or deletion request.
- Objecting to processingof your information, asking us to restrict processingof your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
- Opting out from receiving marketing communicationsthat we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. Additionally, you may update your email preferences by changing the settings in your account.
- Withdrawing your consentat any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Complaining to a data protection authorityabout our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Union are availablehere.
Note that Ljubljana.tech is a controller of your information. Other members, such as group organizers and network administrators, may also act as controllers of your information. You should contact these members if you have any questions about how they use information that you have provided to them.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights and choices, although some of the functionality and features available on the Platform may change or no longer be available to you.
7. Contact Us
If you have any questions, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Under European data protection law, the controller of your information is Zavod Ljubljana.tech.
You can also contact Ljubljana.tech’s GDPR representative:
Trg mladih 9